Before the age of computers, there has been a lot of things we hear from our parents that they got during their childhood days with our grandma. With all the information served to us by the internet, it is now time to see if those health facts and hacks are true or not.
Myths About Health
Myth #1 Craving for certain foods because you are deficient in the nutrients it has.
Fact: Iron deficiency is what causes us to crave.
Myth #2 Eggs are bad for your heart.
Fact: The egg yolks are consumed too much but not the whole egg itself.
Myth #3 Requiring to drink eight glasses of water a day
Fact: An average person only has to drink 1.9 liters of water a day. Unless, you exercise and sweat a lot, that is when you have to increase your liquid intake. It does not have to be pure water, tea, juices, and milk can be an alternative.
Myth #4 You can have colds if you go out with your hair wet.
Fact: Wet hair does not affect your immune system.
Myth #5 Eating more calories at night will make you fat.
Fact: According to doctors, what matters is a number of calories you have in one day and that’s it. You eat more than the required in a day, and you will gain.
Knowing the truth that is scientifically proven does more than just keeping you knowledgeable about what’s true from what’s not. They key to a person’s wellness is to consistently pursue the discipline in following what’s best for you and your health.
Myths tend to confuse a lot of people. When we heard these myths, we at least look for the specifics and the scientific explanation. Otherwise, those are not facts that we should follow.
Below Are the List of the Health Facts:
- Observing a healthy diet and regular exercise can reduce the risk of having breast cancer by 25%.
- Sleeping for less than 7 hours a day can decrease your life expectancy.
- In health terms, you only have to take a shower once or twice a week.
- Too much meat in your diet can increase the increase the speed of your biological age.
- Those that are having meals from fast food on breakfast and dinner have higher risk of obesity.
- Exercising on an empty stomach in the morning can help you burn more fat by 20%.
- Drinking beverages that are too hot can increase the development of cancer.
Facts About The Human Body
- The human body produces enough electricity to lighten up a light bulb.
- The human eyes can distinguish about 10 million colors.
- In photography terms, our eyes are 576 megapixels.
- Your brain keeps developing after 40 years.
- Taking a step consumes 200 muscles.
Facts About Drinking Water Health
- Intoxication can also be caused by rapidly drinking to much water.
- The weight that was lost after hitting the gym is liquid, not fat.
- Moodiness and fatigue can cause early depression.
- Drinking water can help you lose weight.
- Our bodies are made up of 55 – 75% water.
Why You Should Know Health Facts
Health is one of the treasured gifts we must always take good care of. Having the sufficient knowledge about our health and how it works can help maximize our lives each day by affecting the wellness of our emotional, mental, spiritual and physical aspects.
Being knowledgeable is always the strength one can have. These facts serve as a guide to attain our bodies’ potentials. Common illnesses can be avoided and treated when one allows himself to be guided. Living healthy and free from sickness can make you go places and maximize your body, minds, heart and soul’s efficiency.